Scared to TTC after a miscarriage and just got back from a vacation where Zika is present...

I want to try and get pregnant again so bad after a miscarriage in December. I waited to be ready 6 years after getting married and now I’m not very patient because I’m ready to start a family.

After the miscarriage we decided to Plan a fun trip (I love traveling) to cheer up plus my birthday was coming up in March. And it would also give my body some time to heal.

Well we went on our trip to the Dominican Republic which was awesome but there is also some of the Zika virus there.

At night we both got bit by mosquitos but obviously u don’t know if they were infected... we stayed in the resort/beach/pool most of the time but now I’m back and want to start trying so bad but I’m scared....

I know it’s such a big deal that I don’t want to risk it. From what i read only 18% have symptoms and takes 6 weeks for women to get rid of it but 6 MONTHS for a guy because it stays longer in the semen. I don’t know that I can wait that long... we haven’t had symptoms or anything and I got an appointment with my MD to talk about maybe doing a test but also have read those tests are complicated and not conclusive. So IDK!!!!!! What would you do?? Any of you have any experience with Zika? Or lives in a place with cases of Zika? Or traveled? Would you wait 6months. Or risk it hoping you don’t have the virus? I don’t know what to do...