Hand Me Down Rings

🐦

I grew up knowing my moms wedding rings would some day be mine. They were passed down to her from her parents and I always thought they were so beautiful. when my grandpa passed away it made the rings that much more meaningful to me. my mom is extremely allergic to all precious metals and hasn't been able to wear them in a good 15 years.

fast forward I get engaged with these rings. said husband asked permission and got them from my mom. unfortunately less than a year into marriage he cheated on me and rather than seek couseling he wanted to pretend it never happened. I separated from him 2 months later.

fast forward 4 years and I'm engaged to my now fiance. I'm just heartbroken knowing that such a negative experience is attached to those rings. my fiance picked out my engagement ring and I love it but I'm curious if it would be considered odd to use the wedding band from my grandpa or is that totally taboo?

I've considered making it into a necklace or something but its over 55 years old and very unique I would hate to change it in any way.

what do you think? I'm only curious.. I don't think my fiance would ever go for it.

Vote below to see results!