caught shoplifting while pregnant

I'm in no way proud. I'm 6 months pregnant none of my clothing fits and I don't have a lot of money. maternity clothing is definitely a luxury item that I cannot afford so I tried to sneak a few extra shirts and got caught. I feel very embarrassed and disgusted in myself. the lady was very kind to me and didn't call the police only asked me to return the items I tried to hide and she even allowed me to pay for them after and explained to me that she is a single mom running this shop by herself and a lot of the maternity clothing is not even hers she sells them for other moms to help them. she kindly asked that I do not come back to shop there and I agreed. i also apologized ans she said she appreciated it but I'm sure it didn't mean much to her. I know what I did was unforgiving and selfish but my question is what would you do if it were you? would you pretend like it never happened and never show your face there again or would you try to make things right? I was thinking I could offer to donate some of my like new baby clothes I've been planing to get rid of since the ship sells new and lightly used baby items and maternity clothing. also I was thinking I should write her a letter with a formal apology and ask if there is anything I can do for her like anything she may need help with. what should I include in the letter? I want to try and make things right. nothing was technically stolen but the intent was there and she is rightfully very upset. she seems like a nice lady and I did really love shopping in her store. any advice ?