Trouble in Paradise or end of the road?

Karly

My husband and I have never had an easy relationship. It will go good for a while and then we hit a snag for one reason or another.

We have been together for 5, going on 6, years. For the first 4 years, he would text, IM, and email other women, sending them nude pictures of himself, telling them he loved them, and so on. When we had a talk about it he told me it was because he needed a self-confidence boost (which was bs because he is the most vain, egotistical person I know). I told him how it made me feel and that I wanted him to stop. We ended up separating but would see each other every day. He ended up proposing 3 years ago last December, and the following February we found out we were pregnant. Our daughter was born in October and we were married in November of 2015.

In December 2016 we split up because he is a raging alcoholic and majorly schizophrenic, and refuses to seek help for either. In February 2017 he claimed he had changed and wanted to work on our marriage. I agreed for our daughters sake, and because I missed him terribly. All of 2017 went pretty good, but I battled with losing my family (for going back to him and problems that they caused). Since about November of 2017, he has been more controlling, not wanting me to talk to my father, who wants to mend our relationship, and not letting me go hang out with friends, and when I do, he tries to make me feel terrible.

I realized about a month ago that I am incredibly unhappy. I want to stay for our daughter, because I know he won’t make an effort to be in her life, and I grew up without my mother, and don’t want her to feel that. I also have no extra money because all my money goes to bills, and I literally have nowhere to go and no one to turn to.

Should I stay and try to help him through his issues (ptsd, schizophrenia, alcoholic problems) or should I build a life without him?

Please help me sort out my thoughts! Sorry for the long post!