Food struggle

Dana.elizabeth • Married to my best friend. Step mama. Full time cosmetologist. Expecting my first 😍😍

Has anyone else had trouble getting their toddler to eat? My daughter is almost 4 and eating every day is a huge struggle. She’s kind of picky but for like the last 3 months even the food she likes she doesn’t want to eat most of the time. I tried rewards, if she finishes even half her plate she can have a cookie or something. I tried telling her if she didn’t eat that was fine but she wouldn’t be able to watch a movie or something later till she finished her dinner. She would just go play and not eat dinner. I tried telling her she couldn’t leave the table till she finished whatever she was supposed to eat. She would sit and throw a fit literally till bedtime. About once a week she will eat a kind of big meal, or if we get chicken nuggets at Wendy’s or something every now and then but I don’t want her to only eat that. I just can’t seem to get it worked out. It feels like a victory if I can get her to drink a glass of almond milk and eat cottage cheese and 3 grapes in a day. We started giving her gummies cause I know she can’t be getting what she needs nutritionally on a daily basis.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated