Adults acting like kids

Niki

I am flabbergasted at the number of posts I see where adults, with or without kids, act like kids. They can’t stand up to parents or in laws. They can’t advocate for their kids out of fear. They can’t make grown up choices.

Here is the thing. As an adult, you are responsible for making choices for your own good and that of your family (i.e. partner, children). You must not let fear rule you!

If you feel stuck in life in some way, change something. If you are afraid of what someone else might say/do, unless that person is your partner, Why do you care? Do what you know is right, minimize damage done but don’t let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do (unless you must for some reason and again, change your situation if you can. If not live with the consequences).

Come on now, adulting can suck FOR SURE but it must be done. Your family needs you to act like an adult. YOU need you to act like an adult.

Make smart choices. Live with the consequences of those choices. Stand up for yourself and your kids. Be good to yourself. Let toxic people go. Expect and accept change. Always be looking for ways to grow as a person. Never let yourself stagnate. Never let fear rule you. Be yourself and if you don’t know who that is, Find out.