He Regrets Cheating 😧

Faith&Music • 31 years old, Christian wife and mom. TTC. Currently on a health and weightloss journey. 30 lbs down and counting. I WILL get there! 😀

My husband and I have been through a lot. I am not perfect and have my flaws, but I have always been honest and faithful while together. Unfortunately that has not been the case for my husband. He has cheated and lied in the past and there was recently a borderline close call but he did lie about it which hurt me really bad. Anyways I am posting this because even tho cheating is basically inexcusable, I have chosen to forgive him and more forward. But one of the main reasons I have is because he feels genuine remorse and even posted this on his FB and our FB pages for all to see. I did not ask him to do this, he came up with the idea and I thought it was a good one.

"I am posting this because I am showing how sorry I am that I keep doin this to my wife and I still love her and always will love her from the day I met her and we sang our first song that we wrote together , she is my everything, my notes to my music, my amazing mother to my kids and an amazing, patient forgiving wife, and I asked her if there was anything I could do to show her how sorry I am and that I would never do it to her again, I ama complete 100% cheater, I have cheated on my wife numerous times and still have trouble with it to this day , I am ashamed of what I have become, I am a sick perverted boy , not a man , and a retarded stupid fucking idiot , if I could take back all the pain that I caused her I would in a heartbeat, I AM NOTHING, I AM WORTHLESS, and should be punished and do not deserve her."

I am proud of him for doing this to help with the healing process. I know there will be some that will say don't believe him or that I am dumb for staying. But I am not so sure about that and I would regret not trying again. I believe in forgiveness and people's ability to change, tho I will say it is a risk. Anyways, maybe this gives someone hope that not all relationships are doomed to fail after infidelity. Edit: I get why some people would be embarrassed by such a post but honestly I am not. I feel like it will help hold him accountable for his past actions. I don't think he reread what he wrote either to make sure it made total sense etc I think he was just letting loose his initial thoughts about what has happened and that he felt that way.