He doesn’t want to get married

Hi ladies I would like to have your take on the topic of marriage

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years we have one son and a daughter (he is not her real dad) we where friends three years before we moved in together and everything between us is okay except the fact that my boyfriend doesn’t have plans of marrying me and he has openly shared his feelings about it basing on the fact that his parents divorced when he was about 14 years old, well he has one sister who has been married for about 14 years and she has 4 adorable sons, I just thought that maybe this would be an inspiration for him

I brought him a long with me to my sisters wedding too and thought in the long run he would understand my understanding of loving someone and wanting to let everyone know by marrying them

Well I am 23 years old and my boyfriend is 35

I would like all the ladies here married or unmarried to help me understand this

What is the sole purpose of getting married

If your married, would you rather you were not?

If your not yet married what do you think are the main reasons your spouse should marry you especially when you have kids

Am African and my boyfriend is german and our cultures are far different

We have had fights and discussions about this topic that it really gets heated up

I need your advise on this

TIA