I need help with this situation

Laila • Music, tea, and The Office ♥️

Hello fellow friends, my name is Laila, I am 16. So I’m not sure how to start off but basically I don’t like living with my mother. We live in an apartment with a lot of cats and she smokes which has messed up my breathing (not to mention I hate the smell of cigarettes) I’m pretty sure and I don’t have a good state of mind here. I stayed with my grandma for a while because she had gotten into a car accident but she is doing way better now. Three days ago my mom wanted my sister and I home. And I tried to convince her to let me stay with my grandma because you know finals is coming up and I have a better mind set at my grandmas, it’s better for me mentally. My mom yelled at me and said I can’t to my grandmas. For how long I’m not sure. But personally I’ve wanted to talk to my school counselor about it because I feel like my moms house isn’t good for me and I’d rather live with my grandmother. I don’t know how to go about this since it can become a legal issue and my mom would probably kill me. Any advice? Thank you so much.