Moving away from parents? Advice/tips

Kayla • Happily married to my high school sweetheart 💕 Mama to a sweet boy. ❤️ TTC 🌈 #2 Elementary school teacher to be

Hey y’all.

My fiancé and I are currently pregnant and are excited about welcoming our rainbow baby in January. Our goal has always been to move to the Washington state area and we are finally looking like our goal to purchase our first home there is achievable one year from now! Very excited.

However, I am an only child and am extremely attached to my parents. I am already struggling with living in a new state with no friends and family, especially as I intend to be a stay at home mom. The state my parents live in does not have good school districts, is not safe, and the majority of the year is too hot for kids to be outside. It is not a place we want to raise kids. My fiancé also has a much greater earning potential in Washington. It’s just all around the best bet for our new little family.

So my question is, how do I deal? How many of you have moved away from family? I especially feel guilty about taking a brand new grandchild away from them. They do want to move there eventually but it may take years.