Unsure.

Aria • Happy and tired

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but there is no crocheting moms area. So here goes my little story.

Ever since I was a little girl I was fascinated with kitting, crochet, and needle point. Though my mom didn’t know how to do it. I had gotten a doll from my grandma on my dad’s side with a full blow crocheted dress. She use to sit on the foot of my bed while it was made. It wasn’t until I was with a friend at one of his clients houses (He does construction). It was two older women siting in there living room Crocheting. I asked about it, and told them both I was interested in learning how to crochet. They agreed to show me the basics. So while I was there I was crocheting while he worked. One of the lady’s gave me some yarn and a crochet hook. So I could take it home. I was so excited to see where this would take me. The first thing I made was a basic scarf. Nothing fancy. But I wanted to know more. So I looked on you tube amazed at everything I could learn. So I started to make small things, a hat, a few flowers a heart or two... but like me I lost interest for a while. So my yarn and needles just sat around. Then one day I offered to make a blanket for a raffle. So it got me back into crochet. When my youngest son saw it he was like “I want it!” I told him he would have to wait for the raffle and see if he gets it. If not I would make him one... well amazingly he had the winning ticket. Sadly soon after that I was homeless so crocheting and other hobbies went out the window. Like reading and poetry. After over a year of not crocheting I had a home where I could start it up again. Since then I have several projects I’m working on. All for family or my newest addition to my family. One thing I really wanted to do was make my soon to be daughter a pair of baby booties. It took about a week to fully get the pattern down do to mess ups, unsure how to do a stitch or just pain not counting right. But I did it! This morning I was able to finish the booties. Granted there not fully cleaned up, or have the bead that will keep the straps on her tiny feet. But for me I am so proud of my self. I’ve had a hard time working with my smaller needles. But I can honestly say with out giving up, pushing threw and ignoring the pain in my hands I did it! Here they are, my daughters first pair of shoes.