Abusive Ex

One of my best friends has been in this abusive relationship cycle. I know for sure he’s emotionally and verbally abusive and I’ve watched him manipulate her in disturbing ways. Part of this cycle is that he breaks up with her and kicks her out of their home and then “out of he good will of his heart” allows her to come back and live in their house. This morning I got a text message from her asking if she could crash at my house for a few nights because she’s couch surfing again. Of course I want to let her stay but I have a one year old and am pregnant and don’t know how to talk to her about my desired boundaries for the safety of my family without making her feel judged or cornered. I know she is unwilling to acknowledge the abusiveness of her situation because I’ve tried in the recent past to help her during one of her homeless phases (she didn’t stay in our home because he took her back when he found out she was coming here).

If any one has experience with this or has any advice on how to best help her please comment!