How do I stop being a weak bitch?

My ex and I had quite the volatile relationship. In the beginning he’d put down my physical appearance; unfortunately instead of leaving, I became insecure.

He had a million female “best friends” (that he had previously slept with) and ex girlfriends that he was in constant contact; unfortunately instead of leaving, I became jealous.

Then came the emotional and verbal abuse; instead of leaving, I became broken down.

I think I fell in love with his potential. He had a kind heart for the homeless and kids. A helpful spirit (to everyone but me for the most part). The most beautiful brown eyes & smile.

Near the end when he’d, or other people, asked me what the hell I saw in him (he’s older, broke, overweight & ill health) I couldn’t name one thing, I was so done.

I still am so done, but my god do I miss him. I don’t even like him 99% of the time. I can’t go back, things won’t change and every single woman he’s been with has gone back to him, that’s why he thinks his behavior is ok. But it’s not it’s abusive.

How do I stop being such a weak bitch and get over this guy?