Mermaid tattoo 🧜🏼‍♀️💕

Jade

I just gave birth to my daughter in June and I would love to get a tattoo to represent her, but I’m not into the whole birth date/footprints/kids names stuff. It’s just not my style. However, I have always wanted a mermaid tattoo and since June’s birth stone is a pearl I want to incorporate that as well. It would be my first color piece, as the other three I have are small line work pieces. Nothing fancy. I want bold color with this one, so I expect it to be a fairly large piece. What I’m currently working with for my idea is a mermaid holding up an open clam shell with a pearl inside it. I would love to see any mermaid tattoos anyone already has to help with inspiration! Also, if any of y’all are in the Austin, TX area and know a great artist I would be very interested to see their work on you and find out their name and where they are located. Ideas with placement would also be appreciated. I would like to be able to cover it with clothing easily if I want to, but I want to be able to see it on myself too. Thoughts?