Body image

Emmy

I’m going to be a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding soon and the whole getting a fancy dress has been such an ordeal for me mentally. I had to bear through seeing my measurements taken, have the dress lady tell me I should order two sizes up and deal with that number, worrying about will it fit when it comes. I finally got it and tried it on and felt pretty. I’ve been trying to get myself psyched up to deal with all the pictures of me that are going to be taken and today my mom comes in to my room and is like so we need to get you some shapewear for the dress. I’m like ok. And she’s like yeah you need to look smooth for the pictures. And it just crushed me in a million pieces. Like why is that her decision if I need or want to wear shapewear like I’m not good enough just as I am in the dress. On top of that I’ve already had a horrible body image day in itself😕

And I also know she want to see the little part of me flatter on my lower belly. Which I’m already insecure about in the first place.