Just want to talk about my relationships!

Me and this guy been on and off for about couple years now. When we first got together it wasn’t really real but now it’s like i don’t know 🤦🏾‍♀️ it’s confusing. It’s like he wants me but he doesn’t. And that’s why i moved on before like two years ago. Then he comes back and we are talking messing around nothing serious. Then i started to feel like how i did when we were together. Then that’s when he just told me what was on his mind. He wasn’t ready for what was going on with me. I was 19 with a daughter and he wasn’t mentally or physically ready for us. And i understood and gave him space. He knows I care about him and i love him but he keeps sending me mixed signals. I’m stupid for him but i won’t be for long 🤷🏾‍♀️. He tells me he love me and i believe him but we both young. He’s in the army and I’m a single mother raising two girls. I have my own i work and i do what i gotta do. But it’s like whenever we stop talking and stuff and don’t be talking for about a couple months or so... I’ll see him on an fb or something and we’ll be back talking again. And i just don’t know if we supposed to be talking or not. Like it’s strange that never happened with any other guy. And i thought maybe we supposed to be together. But it’s hard to think positive when all we have is disagreements. But one thing i can say positive about him that i just love is that he’s never ever disrespected me or talked down on me Or physically abused me. He still hasn’t met my daughters. The Sex is great never disappointed! But yeah I’m lost