My SO has gone crazy!

My SO has gone crazy!! I recently left him bec he’s been more and more abusive and our relationship was unhealthy. I’m 35 weeks pregnant and so scared that he’s gonna either put me into labor or hurt me so bad that I might loose the baby. I grabbed my kids and left without anything. I didn’t think he was this bad until today when I went to pick up some clothes ( he told me he him as at work) and he was home. He was acting normal until he asked me to see my phone and I refused cuss he’d start acting crazy although I wasn’t hiding anything. I had my phone in my cross body purse and he pulled it and pulled until it got twisted and started choking me. I stared trying to hit him and he pushed me all over the bathroom struggling. He finally got ahold of it and he started panicking bec he didn’t know what he was doing or going on. He started looking thru it and questioning me about who I had called and even tho I was telling him the truth he didn’t believe me. He just kept saying I was talking to someone and sleeping around. After he started yelling and grabbed my 3 year old and ran to my car. He grabbed a bat and threated to hit my car with it. Which he has before. He got scared bec I was crying and yelling and our house is next to a company so he got in my car and told me to drive. He kept yelling and questions me and had me drive to the neatest small town and had my park at a cemetery just so he can keep questioning me. A work truck passed by and he got scared so he had me move. I was driving around untill I started running out of gas and he let me head back to his house. Were he confessed on being on drugs again and didn’t know what to do with himself anymore. I told him I couldn’t help him bec I was scared and I had to think about the kids. I can’t put them in danger to help him. Although I love that monster. Crazy how love works. After almost 3 hours he kept telling me he was sorry for all this and he got out of my car. I got me and my daughter home safe and I’m so great full. I felt like he was never gonna let me go. Idk what to do. I care about him and want him to get help but I’m at the point where I’m to stcared to help him. I know I should have called the cops but the cops here don’t help. I’ve called them on my ex before and they never did anything to help, if anything things got worse wen the cops got called. I’m just gonna stay away for our safety ☹️ I’m so stressed and worried and scared. I know he’s gonna end up hurting himself or someone. I don’t want to make that my problem any more but I know he’s not gonna leave me alone that easy. ☹️ Abybody have some advice ? I’m definitely not going around him anymore. I rather not have clothes or anything for me and my kids than ever go thru that again.