life change

jess

Hi! So I’m 15 years old and I’m from Texas. So for years I’ve suffered from a lot of emotional abuse and emotional abandonment from my mom. I’m around 85% sure she doesn’t mean to be so cold towards me but either way it’s really taken a toll on my mental, emotional, and defensive spiritual strength. For the first time last summer I went to a church conference in Birmingham, Alabama called MOTION. It was phenomenal. Not just being able to escape for 3 days from my home but also the freedom I felt spiritually. I was changed from head to toe and I was amazing. I learned that God wouldn’t want me to just sit and stay put while having to go through the unintentional degrading coming from my family (other than my dad). I heard his voice one day during worship one day and he was speaking to me. It was the most amazing and inspiring things that had ever happened to me. I feel that God was leading me towards what he had planned in my life, a journey. A good one. I kind of just broke down in tears during worship because I’d seen a glimpse of who God wanted me to be. I feel like God wanted me to use my lows and my highs in life to share his word. Be a motivator. Be a spreader of his word.

And when I went back to school in the fall, I tried my very best to live up to that vision of mine. I stumbled and fell sometimes, but we all do. And when I did fall, when I didn’t think I was able to get back up, God sent me friends. Friends he knew would help me along I my spiritual journey. Friends who aren’t friends anymore, now they’re family.

So please just remember that there will be negatives in your life. That’s just how it works for us. It’s life. But there will also always be God. And if he gave you a challenge, it means he knows you can conquer it. Whether it be a mistake, or a bad feeling, or a bad relationship — God knows you can conquer it. He knows.

happy ‘whatever day you’re reading this’!