Troubling news at anatomy US today :(

Barby

Hey everyone, I’ve never really started a discussion here so I’m not even sure if I’m posting this in the right place.

I’m about 20 weeks along and today I had my anatomy ultrasound. They found that my baby boy only has about half of his right arm. A part of the lower arm started to form, but he will need surgery to remove that peice of bone and prosthetics for the rest of his life. According to the doc, everything else looks perfectly fine, but we will be going forward with an amniocentesis and baby needs an echo.

I’m obviously heartbroken and I have so many mixed emotions. My husband and I were trying to have a baby for 1.5 years, although anyone who’s ttc knows that feels like forever.

I know he will never know he is missing anything. It’s not like losing a limb as an adult, but I’m so torn up about it.

I guess what I need is for anyone who has gone through this to give me words of encouragement. Let me know your baby lives a perfectly normal life despite not being the same as others. Anything helps. Thank you all! 😢