“Boyfriend” is a douche 😡

Mychaela

This is going to be a long one, guys.

First a little back story. The first time we dated was a few years ago. We dated for just over a year and lived together. Everything was really good. Eventually my daughter (not his) and I moved in with him. He also has a son who was 5 at the time and has Autism. After we moved in, he got really distant and stopped coming home after work. He’d go out to the bar or go hangout with his “friends” and not get home to 11pm. I’d be at home taking care of BOTH of our children by myself every night. This made me feel like more of a babysitter for his son than his girlfriend. It got to a point to where I would cry myself to sleep almost every night because I was so miserable. I could I give so much to this man that gave nothing to me? We ended up breaking up and I moved out that night.

Fast forward 3 years and he writes me on Facebook. Talking about how he has changed and that he truly misses what we had in the beginning and that he can’t get me out of his head. So I’m like okay, let’s go out and see what happens. Everything again was GREAT! He was kind, caring, and actually showed a genuine interest in my feelings/thoughts/opinions. In April of this year, I found out I was pregnant with his child. I was TERRIFIED beyond belief but excited at the same time. On Mother’s Day, May 13th, I started bleeding. My sister drove me to the hospital and the doctors confirmed I was having a miscarriage. 😔 I was absolutely distraught. I wouldn’t wish the pain and heartache that comes with a miscarriage on anyone. The father knew about the miscarriage but wasn’t really there for me. He never really asked how I was doing or tried to come over and comfort me. In June I found out that I was pregnant again. Immediately after the miscarriage. I didn’t even have a cycle in between. I’m now almost 11 weeks.

I’ve been a little irritable, very nauseous and tired. I also told him that I was started to cramp and he didn’t even respond...even though I just went through a miscarriage. One night we started arguing about the fact that I feel like he is already absent from this pregnancy. I calmly explained to him how I felt and told him that I needed him to be there for me. So instead of trying to comfort me and make me feel better, he just starts saying these dumb little things like “life’s too short to be angry”....um okay? I didn’t say I was angry and that doesn’t help me at all. I finally just was like okay, you’re not helping or actually addressing the issues with me, so I’m going to go home. THEN he ignores me for over a week. Finally texts me and says that he hopes “I’m not still angry with him and that if I don’t text him back he’ll just assume I’m dating someone else and move on.” Like who in tf am I going to be dating while I’m almost 3 months with HIS child?! I never texted him back. He didn’t even ask about the baby and just doesn’t seem to care about it what so ever. Also, he will just “move on”?! So you don’t want anything to do with this baby?

I truly think I should just leave it be and not text him back. I feel like if he wanted to be with me or a father to this child, he would make an actual effort. I think he is just looking for a way to make it my fault that he dipped out.