Does the NuvaRing stop periods instantly?

Chelsey • 25 - Child Care Provider - Army Brat - Scorpio

So I recently started the NuvaRing. My periods are a little unpredictable at times. There are times it has been weeks late and weeks early, stays for 2 weeks or is a week long. My period was coming in about a week but I had started feeling the symptoms early and spotted for a few days which I never do. So I decided to finally use my NuvaRing because I thought the spotting was my period. A week went by and I still had little to no blood. I then decided to take it out to have sex with my bf since I wasn’t bleeding much and saw all the blood and gunk around the ring. So I rinsed it off, put it in the pouch and replaced it after about 2 hours.

Fast forward to this week, the actual week I’m supposed to be menstruating and I bled for about a day. But the blood was black and almost clot like and I used a tampon thinking it would be heavy but it wasn’t. The next day I had no blood at all, no spotting, no period blood. Everything just dried up. I still have the cramps occasionally and the bloating but nothing else. Does this mean that ring altered my cycle or is there a possibility that it could just be late and my symptoms are just pms?