My mother ... 😔

Aspen • 25 ♊️ diabetic💉 fur babies 🐕 disabled vets wife 06.01.18💪🏼 Lennyx Mitchel 2.17.19💙🤱

So I’m 7w 4d .. my baby is the size of a blueberry. Has a heart beat and is developing its brain.

A little back story.. i got married a month ago kind of quick because my husband was leaving. My mom told me to wait to have kids.

We weren’t trying but we weren’t preventing.. so when i became pregnant a month after my wedding i was in shock and so was my husband (plus i never got pregnant with my ex and i was with him for a year so i thought maybe i had problems and being diabetic doesn’t help that)

Well my mom makes remarks that something could still happen to the baby that by the way I’m super excited about and so is my husband it’s been a lifetime goal to be parents for both of us. Like okay i know that. But i don’t need to hear it everytime i talk about the baby. Then she proceeds to say it’s not a baby it’s a blueberry. And if something happened it wouldn’t be devastating your young (I’m 20 my husband is 22) or it’s only a blueberry it’s not a baby yet so it wouldn’t be too bad.. like yeah it would be it’s still loosing a living thing living inside me. It’s still my child. What do you mean it wouldn’t be devastating?!

Like it hurts that it feels like she almost wishes a miscarriage on me.. I’ve wanted nothing but to be a wife and a mom since i was 5 years old. Another thing.. I’m insulin dependent diabetic. I have a diabetic educator and she was explaining that by the end of my pregnancy i would be on anywhere from 5-7 times as much insulin that I’m on now and that she wouldn’t be surprised if by 8 months I’m taking up to 200-300 units of insulin a day. After the baby comes out i would go back down to normal. My mom wants me to stop taking insulin all together. Insulin doesn’t pass through the placenta but sugar does. No matter what my baby will produce insulin to stay alive. So when he or she comes out their sugars will drop because the baby is producing too much to keep their sugars down while in the womb. Insulin will not hurt the baby high sugars would. Can cause seizures, hyperglycemia, webbed limbs, jaundice, and a bunch of other life threatening diseases to that could be fatal . Or even being born still born . Like my mom should know this all she had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with my brother and i. And it hurts knowing that she would want to risk my life and the babies . She has never wanted me on insulin and has been telling me to stop taking it for years.. i did for about 3 years and ended up in the hospital almost dead last year from diabetic ketoacidosis. So i just don’t get it.

Sorry this is long .. i just needed to vent. Any opinions or advice welcome. My husband says try to ignore it.. his family isn’t in the picture much(his mom and i don’t get a long) so i feel like we are so alone in this. My cousin isn’t married and pregnant she’s happy for her(she’s only a year older then me) . My best friend i grew up with was going through a divorce process 2 months ago and now she’s pregnant and my mom is happy for her.

When will my mom just be happy for me ?😭😭