my story9

Erica • Mommy of 2 beautiful little boys❤️

so I never shared my story when my son was born. better late then never I guess. I guess I'll started on May 15th(my due date) I went to the doctor excited that it was almost the end of my pregnancy. she checked me and I was only dilated at a 2. she asked if I would like to meet my son tomorrow. being over-excited I said yes. on the way back from my appointment I called my boyfriend, my mom, and my sister and told them all the exciting news. was instructions in hand to call the hospital at 6 a.m. to see if they had a bed available for me I went to bed excited and a little sad that this would be my last night pregnant was another living being in me. the next morning I woke up at 6 a.m. sharp and call the hospital. they said be here at 7:30 a.m. I quickly went and woke up my boyfriend he got up I made him breakfast I snuck a bite or two. he drove us up to the hospital which was 45 minutes from our house. we got there and they wasted no time asking questions to get me checked in getting me a gown and getting me in the bed. they started the pitocin and broke my water at 8:30 a.m. believe it or not it didn't hurt to have my water broke. I was getting a little Twitchy laying in bed so I decided I should get up and sit on a ball for a while. but 10 minutes later I had the nurse coming in saying that my blood pressure has spiked and I need to get back in bed. so reluctantly I crawled back in bed and laid on my left side. about 10:30 a.m. or so the nurse came in asking if I was wanting an epidural or any type of medicine to help with the pain. at that point the contractions or hurting and I wasn't going to do a natural birth like I thought. I decided to go with an epidural which was a great relief. around 11 am the anesthesiologist assistant came in to put in my epidural. after about an hour and my toes feeling tingly and I'm still able to feel the contractions I'd Buzz the nurse asking when the epidural was going to kick in. she came in was the anesthesiologist to find out why it wasn't working. the assistant had placed epidural wrong and it was just pulling medicine in my back. it took some an hour and a half to figure that out and which point I was hitting a hundred two contractions for 45 seconds every 3 minutes. I wasn't dilated enough to start pushing. finally an off-duty anesthesiologist came in in street clothes took out the first epidural and place the second one and I was finally able to relax. then at 5 30 p.m. I'd Buzz my nurse telling her that I felt a strong urge to push and that I felt like I had to poop. my doctor came in and goes yes you're fully dilated and I can see the head after about half-an-hour of pushing at 6:01 p.m. my little boy came into the world they laid him on my chest and I looked at him and said hello beautiful and he smiled at me.