TTC making period worse?

Jordan

Hey everyone,

I was just writing this to see if anyone else has been in the same situation and what they do to ease the pain?

A little back story: I’ve first got my period when I was ten years old. I didn’t get any symptoms; no cramps, no tender breasts, nothing. Just monthly bleeding. Made me wonder what the big deal was. The day before my fifteenth birthday, my boyfriend and I had sex (19 now and engaged to same boy 💕) and ever since then my periods have been TERRIBLE.

The day after, on my birthday, AF decided to show. It came very early as I had only ended a week prior, and she came back with revenge. I had to go to school on my birthday and I had the worst cramps I had ever experienced. I was throwing up at school from the pain and had to go home. The pain was radiating up my back and down my thighs. No pain medicine would help. I honestly thought I was gonna die. I had never experienced that type of pain.

Every month to follow that I have been in a lot of pain. My periods came every two weeks and lasted two weeks. I told my step mom about it and she took me to the lady doctor. The doctor said I was just over exaggerating and needed to take pain killers the moment I felt anything (even after I explained to her they don’t help), and she put me on birth control to help regulate my periods and told me it would, “stop the pain”. (I think she was just saying that to see if I was faking the pain because it did NOT help one bit but did regulate)

So fast forward through all these year of pain, I recently stopped taking my birth control in December of 2017. My periods came normal and continued coming at a normal time monthly. My Fiancé and I are TTC for baby #1 so last month I started working on my health (running two miles a day and doing yoga for an hour) and he started finishing in me this month. He only did it twice (he works nights and I work during the day so hard to see each other). I could’ve sworn I was pregnant this month: nausea, tender breasts, headaches, just feeling weird. But AF wasn’t for another week so I decided it was too early to tell and was gonna wait.

Well yesterday I started spotting brown and then, at 3:30 AM, I woke up in the worst pain I’ve been in since my fifteenth birthday It hurts to move, I feel a lot of pressure, my back is killing me, I’ve thrown up three times, and the pain isn’t stopping.

I’m supposed to work an 8 & 1/2 hour shift and I’m gonna have to call in which embarrasses me because it is natural and something my body is supposed to be able to handle, yet it weakens me to the point that I can’t do anything!

If you’ve made it this far, thank you. You’re a trooper.

My point of this post is to ask,

Have any of you ladies dealt with this? How do you handle the pain?

Also, do you think my fiancé finishing in me made my period pain worse? Could it have been the exercise?

Thanks again.