I saw the top hat demon

no

Okay so about a year ago I was about to fall asleep, my room was pitch black as usual, but for some reason I was just randomly stricken with this intense fear, like I was having a minor panic attack, and when I looked at the foot of my bed I saw a figure with a wide brimmed hat that didn’t go away after I blinked. It stayed there for about 2 minutes, and then went away, only for me to see mini versions of it in the corners of my room like half an hour later, by my windows, on top of my dresser, and in front of my closed closet door.

When I woke up the next morning I googled what I could about the figure and that’s when I saw the exact figure on google images and found the name the top hat demon, he shows up to people and households that have emotional turmoil, like one with depressed members, or when the household is fighting. He showed up to me around the same time my sister went through depression and I thought my parents were going to split up. I’d never even heard of his existence until after I saw him which still freaks me the fuck out, because I couldn’t have just imagined a figure that accurate to the pictures online or had the same experience.

I thought I had a panic attack, but what actually happened was I had hypnogogic hallucinations. It took me a while to find this term so I thought I’d share in case this has happened to anyone else.