Prayer for my Husband and all husbands!

Dionne~Child of the most high God~ Queen to a King

Sometimes life can get so busy as a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, that we forget to pray or the one God blessed us with! My husband is my best friend, my lover, my king, my greatest blessing! So today I wanted to say a prayer that I used to lift my husband up to the Lord, please feel free to pray for your husband, try praying out loud and watch how God works!

Lord, I come before you today and I’m asking you to help my marriage. Your Word says what you bring together, let no man separate– and I need your help to sacrificially love and respect my husband.

I choose, as an act of my will, to loose all bitterness, hate, judgement, hurt, anger, and selfishness from my soul, in Jesus’ name. I repent for my bitterness and hate—please forgive me. I ask that you cleanse me from everything that offends you and my husband.

Lord, fill me with your light, your agape love, your presence, your righteousness, your patience. I bind them to me, in Jesus’ name according to Matthew 16:18-19. Let me see my husband through your eyes. Give me the strength to respond out of your never-ending love instead of out of my own flesh and emotions. 

I thank you Lord that with you, nothing is impossible. Thank you for working through me. Thank you for changing and healing me. I lift my husband up to you. I ask that you bless him, Lord. Meet him at his place of greatest need. Minister to him in ways only you can.

I ask that you give me divine insight into my husband and my marriage, Lord. Show me what only you can know– and work through me to build a covenant marriage according to your perfect will.

All of these things I pray in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.