Can you believe this guy?

So my husband told me that I can’t coparent with my sons (who has type 1 Diabetes) dad. He said why do we need to talk to eachother, why can’t we just care for him our individual ways at each of our homes.

My response:

Because it’s important to coparent even without Diabetes. But even more so because he has type 1. It’s important for my son to feel stable knowing that his mom and dad may not be together but we are still a team when it comes to him. It’s important that we talk about what has been happening and how his blood glucose was all week and decide on his care together. Lastly I let him know that he will never ever tell me I can’t talk to my child’s dad and if he tries to put a stop to it again I will leave him and he will lose this battle everytime!

Update: I just want to put it out there that there is nothing going on between my ex and I. I think a coparent relationship is so important no matter what. With my sons situation its even more important for us. Type 1 Diabetes is a scary disease for a 9 year old and it’s important that we both know what his blood glucose has been to make the correct adjustments to his insulin. If I don’t know what goes on at his dads and we don’t make these changes it could be fatal. (For example, he’s been running too low with the adjustment we previous had whether it be because he’s getting sick or growing). If we don’t adjust he could run low in is sleep which is really bad.