Relationship Failing? What to do?

Treasure • Mother to Greyson 💙Aug 2 17 and Gabriel 10 26 19 💙

Warning: Long post. I have been with my SO for almost 6 years and we have a one year old together. He is my first everything as well as my best friend. We've been engaged since the first year we met and have been through so much together. I live with our son and my grandparents while he lives with his parents. Lately we haven't really been seeing each other. I am a stay at home mama and a full time college student taking classes online and he has a full time job. Usually me and Baby stay with him on the weekends but this month has been rough. SO has an alcohol problem and has been trying to stop drinking and says he needs us there for support but Baby had a rash then a cold and ear ache. All contageous so we stayed home for two weekends. Last weekend we stayed the night but I was in severe pain and sick and ended up in the er. This weekend I had to stay home to work on school work because I fell behind when I got sick. This distance has been going on for months and we don't hangout, cuddle, talk, or have sex as often as we use to. Only on the few weekends we see each other. He's saying he needs us around more to help him stop drinking and doesn't know if we need to break up or what because he can't keep going with his problem. I feel like I don't know what happened why all of this stopped and where the distance came from. But I also feel that maybe a lot may have came from dealing with the alcohol and other things that have happened over the years. I don't know what I'm doing if I've been pushing him away and distancing myself with out realizing. I don't know what to do or how i feel.