New Friends

So, I have been having a lot of problems with my friends. I have always had the same friends and never gone without them. I don’t know how to have a life without friends, I have always had a big group. My friends have been kind of distant and I have been alone since school started in early August, and I don’t know how to handle it. My best friend moved schools this year, and I have never liked the school I was at anyway. My mom is thinking about getting me tested for a private school that I have always wanted to go to. I would definitely move there if I could. The only thing that I’m worried about is how to make friends. Like I said, I have always had friends, so I’ve never had to make new ones. How do you make friends? Mind you, I’m not very social with people I don’t know. How should I act? What should i say? What if I don’t make a friend by lunch time and I have to sit alone? If any of you guys have moved schools before and could help me figure out what to say, that would be great 😫