My addiction crazed "husband"

So, my husband and I used to smoke and drink; and yes the smoking was both legal and illegal. But I've cut back because we haven't had the money to do it anymore. However, he somehow finds ways to still do it.

I couldn't take it anymore, but I can't find myself leaving him, so I decided that we were going to take a break. Neither of us have anywhere to go, so we still sleep in the same bed, but that's about all that's going on.

Tonight, one of my friends went over to our house and found him sitting on the floor passed out drunk.

I don't know what to do anymore. I can't even cry over it anymore, even though it's so upsetting. I want to leave him, but I also don't want to because I don't want to be divorced at 22; I would feel like a I'm a failure in everyone's eyes.

Sometimes, honestly, I do think about driving off a bridge, but I can't even bring myself to do that either.

I just feel like I'm stuck in a position that I don't want to be in.

He's not abusive, but I just can't take his addictions anymore. And he won't even stop for himself. He's supposed to be joining the air Force, but he won't stop smoking......he says he can change but hasn't even tried.

UPDATE: I told him today I am leaving him.

Did not go well; made it about himself.