Struggling with a super needy baby

Hippie mumma 🍃

I just want to know I'm not alone, or if anyone has any tips for a needy baby.

He's 7 months (4corrected) so he is behind on development but doing well.

I'm super sleep deprived, he breastfeeds at least 3 hourly, including at night. Although it's okay, I don't mind being tired.

The hard part is that he needs constant attention and stimulation. He is fussy most of the day and wants to change activities every 10-20 mins. It's like he never knows what he wants or is constantly hungry.

I suppose he's like a 4 month old, so he won't play on the floor alone (with me doing other jobs in the same room). I have to be sat with him. He gets bored of toys after 5 minutes, he also drops them very easily so needs me to put them back in his hands.

It's all fine, I enjoy playing with him. But I also have to make 3 highly nutritious fatty meals a day (which is all batch cooked meaning my weekends are extra stressful!) He is an extremely hungry baby because his low birth weight means he has a lot of catching up to do. He's allergic to milk so couldn't have a high calorie formula to help him gain weight.

I do put him in a sling, and I don't really care that my house is always a mess. I just don't know how to take care of myself around all this (and washing cloth nappies!) I usually manage toast or instant rice. That's it, all day.

Because he cries if I do my own thing. I do babywear but I don't feel safe cooking (I'm so clumsy and bad at cooking).

But he squinnies after a while in the sling and wants to do something else. Nothing ever seems to make him happy for long and I'm at my wits end.

He will still only sleep on me, he's also having nightmares. If I put him down he wakes up after 15 minutes max which means he has to nap and sleep all evening on me or his dad (who works 12 hour days 6 days a week and is very helpful)

He just wants my full attention 24/7 and I do give him my attention most of the day as I want him to be happy. I just want to be able to eat lunch, or to be able to write my blog (I used to write a blog, never have time now). I do nothing for fun, my friends all smoke up so I won't go round there and they don't visit. I love my life and i know it'll get easier when he can sit and play with toys on his own for a bit. I just don't know how to cope with him crying every 15 minutes. It's not proper crying like he's sad, he just wants to be moved again.

The older he gets the harder it is.

Sorry it's so long, thanks for reading if you got this far!