Low-ish Progesterone, 7.5 weeks šŸ„ŗ

Laura ā€¢ ā¤ļø šŸ‘§šŸ¼ 9/2014,šŸ¤°7/2019

So Iā€™ve been spotting pink when I wipe since Thanksgiving (only after a BM, save for one unexplained incident). I called the doctor and they got me in for blood testing yesterday. Results came back today.

I donā€™t know my HCG and have nothing to compare it to - I only know the nurse said it was ā€œstable,ā€ which I didnā€™t love. (If it were good, surely she wouldnā€™t have used ā€œstable,ā€ right??) Theyā€™re not going to have me test it again because they said at this stage it will start leveling out anyway and they didnā€™t ā€œwant to scare me moreā€ when itā€™s not compounding substantially.

My progesterone is at 10.2, which she said is in the normal range, though they like it to be at least a 12. (Of course I Googled to find out that 6-10 is considered low.) So theyā€™re putting me on oral supplements to be safe, and they moved my ultrasound from 12/14 to 12/3.

All of this is totally new to me, and terrifying. Iā€™ve been pregnant only one other time and she is a healthy, happy 4-year-old now. I was 31 then, and the pregnancy was complication free. I never needed hormone testing and I never spotted. I was relatively young and 20 pounds lighter then. I was so lucky, and Iā€™m thankful for that, but now I have no basis for comparison.

The nurse told me to drink lots of water and take some fiber, as well as the progesterone, and rest easy bc I will be ā€œdoing everything I can do.ā€ But for some reason, that line freaked me out more than anything.

As long as our baby is hanging in there, I feel good about the supplement helping things progress. But I canā€™t stop worrying that my levels are low in the first place because Iā€™ve already lost the baby or something. šŸ˜© On the one hand, I am happy that Iā€™ll have some answers sooner than later, but the wait until Monday is going to be eternal. And Iā€™m terrified that Iā€™ll find out my baby is gone.

Have any of you had low progesterone at almost 8 weeks and had things turn out fine?