Relating to non-pregnant friends

Just reaching out to any ladies who can relate. I’m 28. Whilst a few of my friends now have 1 child or more, most don’t have any. I met up with one of my single/childless friends recently and for years she’s been wanting the perfect family life but hasn’t met the one yet. She is however always been pro-children and I thought she’d be one of those friends that I’d be able to relate to.

I am now 31 weeks pregnant and this friend popped over for a visit this last week and I was amazed at how (negative) facially descriptive she was when I touched my belly or mentioned something related to my pregnancy. For example... At one point I was in the kitchen making her a drink and I itched the top of my bump (over my clothes) and she asked me if that was a thing now and looked at me in disgust when I told her it’s itchy because my skin is stretching.... there was zilch empathy and I felt uncomfortable. We have not long bought our home either and I asked her if she wanted to see the rest of the house (she only came to the kitchen and reception room) but she laughed and said no. Having been to new homes of other friends in the past I don’t think this is a normal response when you invite a friend to your new home for the first time.

I’m trying to remember if she’s always had an attitude or if it’s just because I’m pregnant now and there are clear differences. I’m not sure if I’m just being hormonal and thinking too much into her responses either.