I feel ready to start “dating.” ✨

Abi ☆ • Your worth is not measured by the size of your waist x

Honestly I don’t know what to say. Or even how to put this into writing. But I am going to try my very best here. (I’ve actually took about half an hour to write this as I kept going back and changing things.)

So... I’m 13. Throughout the whole of my primary years and the start of high school I have never had a boyfriend, or “went out” with a boy. (However you would like to put it.)

I used to think that through my primary years it was just silly, all you would do was call somebody your boyfriend in the school playground and if you had social media put them in your bio. In all honesty it was just silly. That was it.

Well. Now I’m in high school and a lot has changed. I’m now no longer in primary and having a boyfriend now seems so different from when you were smaller. I almost feel like now I’d like a boyfriend or to “go out” with a boy. I know I am still young, and I completely understand that and am fully aware of that. But I feel like I’m ready for that.

I would love to have my first kiss at some point, someone to talk to, a boy where I can actually be myself around. I obviously wouldn’t want to rush anything as I’m still only 13. And that’s it. I’m not exactly looking for anything more, or more grown up.

The only downside is I don’t think many boys would like me, I wouldn’t say I’m very pretty. Or even near it. I also don’t know how to speak to boys or even how to start a conversation with a boy. I just turn into a blushing, ginger mess.

What should I do?

😕😔