Help! Pregnant cat!

daisy

Someone dropped off a cat at my grandma's back in November and she is very sweet and cuddly. We were almost ready to get another cat once we got ours fixed. So we told my grandma to hold onto her while we got her spayed and my cat nuterd then we would take her in.

That was the plan....my grandma took her to get spayed only to find she was very pregnant. My grandma already has 7 cats and she is fighting them to get enough food. My grandma wants me to take her now so that she can get away from her cats to get more food and attention. She also said she will be responsible for rehoming the kittens...I agreed.

This was not the plan....this is not how I wanted to do this but its an emergency. I need advice on how to introduce cats and what I need to do to prepare for the birth. My plan is to borrow a large dog crate and keep her in there for a few hours so they can sniff each other but cant fight.

Also I cant just take her to a shelter because 1) I want her 2) all the shelters in my area are full 3) pregnant cats and newborn kittens often get euthanized in shelters.

Please help and please be kind