Living Arrangements

Me and my SO don't live together but for the past 3 months I have been staying with him at his place. But it's very risky because if we get caught he can get demoted and I don't even know what else. It's hard for me because we have never been happier in our relationship then now, when we come home every night together and wake up every morning together. It's also hard because our work schedules are so different he works mon- Friday 6-5 while my schedule is never the same, I rarely get weekends off and I usually get stuck with the late night shifts that range from 3pm-12am so this way we at least see each other when I get to his place even if it's just to sleep with him. when we weren't staying together we would always fight and we were constantly breaking up because of the distance. I've realized that doing what we are doing now is way to risky and we should just stop... But I'm more then fustrated because he doesn't even seem to care at all and refuses to talk to me about what to do... I feel like just taking all of my belongings and just breaking up all together then having to just go back to the way we were before. The only other way for us is to stay living together would mean that we would have to get married and he is totally against that... I feel so hopeless, should I just break it off now and try and find someone new? I don't ever want to go back to the way our relationship was, he made me feel so small and worthless during that time but now it's so amazing... I just need advice, please help, I love him but I can't take the heartbreak of him doing what he did before we started living together again...