My best friend was a cat 😺

Tori • Engaged to my best friend 💙💍, cat mom 🐈🐈🐈🐈, one angel in heaven 😇, trying for 🌈

When I was about 8 my step dad, who travels a lot was coming home from a month on the road when he saw something moving on the side of the interstate in a plastic sack. He pulled over and opened it, and inside he found a 6 month old long haired calico kitten bloody. That's right someone had thrown her out of a moving car on the interstate (it was October) he took her to the nearest bathroom and cleaned her up not sure she was gunna survive. Her bought her home and I fell in love with her at first sight. My parents told me not to get attached cause we weren't keeping her (we had 4 cats already). They tried everything to get rid of her but no one wanted her, and I was to attached. She was sleeping in our garage and everyday before school and after school I'd spend it in the garage with her, so they agreed to let me keep her. As the years went by me and Pepper had an unbreakable bond. She never left my side. When I had my tonsils removed my parents had to put food, water, and litter box in my room because she reversed to leave my side, when I'd go to camp for a week in the summer shed sleep on my bed and not move. Fast forward to last year. She had just turned 14 and started to lose weight dramatically. All she did was sleep and wasn't hardly eating or drinking. My mom told me it's time. We were gunna put her down, she was suffering and it killed me to see her like that. When we arrived at the vet, I took her out of the carrier and held her. She instantly started to purr, then climbed up and put one paw on each side of my face and rubbed her face on mine purring as loud as she could. Of course I lost it and began bawling, she then looked at me and started to lick the tears off my face as if to tell me it's alright. The vet gave me the meds and she passed away peacefully with me holding her paw. I took it hard. I had just lost my best friend of 17 years. I had a hole in my heart and people knew I was lost without her. My fiancee then found someone giving away a 2 month old long haired calico and made the decision to surprise me with her. I fell in love at first sight all over again. Jumanji reminds me so much of Pepper it makes me feel as if Pepper is still with me. The hole in my heart went away but I'll never forget the bond pepper and I had or the love I had for that beautiful calico cat 😻😺😿😥

Pepper when she was healthy

Pepper before we said our final goodbyes

Jumanji