Would you have married him??

When I was 8 years old I met my best friend, who just so happens to be male. His brother was actually best friends with my brother and so in turn we were kinda pushed together.

We were so close that I was always invited on the family vacations, we had sleep overs well into our teens,and to this day his dad refers to me as his daughter.When I was 15 I got pregnant by my then boyfriend who turned out to be a complete dick and my best friend essentially picked up the slack but with the title of uncle instead of dad.(he did this on his own I never asked.)

When he was 19 and I was 17 he'd just graduated community college with an associates degree and he decided to join the Navy (just like his dad did). When he got the dates that he would be leaving for boot camp he asked me to marry him.

Neither of us had ever had romantic feelings for one another, he just wanted to make sure that my son and I were taken care of. I of course declined because while I loved him, I didn't love him in that way.

We are still VERY close 7 years after the fact and talk regularly. He called me this morning and it got me thinking about how you ladies might have handled this.

And not that it matters/mattered to me but he comes from money, so would that sway your choice in anyway??

Vote below to see results!