Disappointed

Nicole

Yesterday at 17wks I did my glucose test. I had gestational diabetes with my first and knew the chances were very high this time around as well. I got the office gave my urine sample and sat and waited. They came out and asked if I ate I said no. Then they came out and asked if I was diabetic or had gestational with any other pregnancies. In my head I’m thinking this is something they should know but I just simply say yes I had gestational with my first. They tell me that there was glucose in my urine and they needed to contact the doctor to see if he still wanted to do the 2hrs test or just send me right to diabetes education classes. While waiting to hear what was decided I over heard the nurses saying “well I hope she planned on being on insulin.” They come back and tell me the doctor has decided to do a 1hr test. I drink the nasty drink and sit for an hour do my blood draw and leave. As soon as I got to my car I just lost it and cried all the way home. Do these nurses think this is something I chose? Or something I had any say in? Do they think I enjoyed giving my self insulin shot with my first 2 times a day? Do they think I wouldn’t just love for my body to be a safe place for this baby? Sorry I just needed to vent!