Mistaken as Pregnant...again...

Ashley

Ok. Here’s the situation... I work retail, and thanks to the apartments behind us we have a bunch of regular customers. Now, I also had a coworker who was pregnant. Kate. We are both short, chubby, have round heads and dark brown hair. We could be related, I get it. Well, she was pregnant and went on leave I wanna say around December? Back the first week of February. Since she’s been gone I’ve been repeatedly asked by my regulars! “when are you do? You haven’t popped yet? What are you having?” Just yesterday a lady whom I thought knew me well, Ive only been checking them out for 2 1/2 yrs now... but anywho.. she goes “Was that you coughing? Ya know its really not good to get sick with the baby”... Instantly “Kate...” I even had a lady look at me, at my stomach, back at me, and back to my stomach like I was bullshitting her. Now.. I get why I keep being mistaken... and Ive been a good sport about it... but it’s really starting to get to me.. it sucks getting a constant reminder that you’re fat, you look pregnant.. but also actually wanting to be desperately and not being able to because my fiancé had cancer... trying and trying to make myself believe for some reason we might be the lucky ones who chemo and radiation don’t kill the chances for... it sucks.. I’m over it.. rant over