Rant about friends with benefits

I don’t want this to b an essay but it is. So me and this guy have had confusing history for about 3 years and a lot has happened with us when we get fucked up and he has liked me like the whole of high school. He also gets with my 2 best friends and ik thats fucked up but idk, it’s how its been for a while now and it kinda normal in our friend group. We have been friends for a while and he has “liked me” for ages and now he’s telling everyone but me that he’s in love with me, I’m 16 btw and I’m not buying it. And now he is saying he also wants me and one of my best friends and has tried to fuck both of us in the same night and it’s getting rly out of hand. Ever since Saturday when we nearly fucked but didn’t cos there were difficulties and my other bestfriend was kinda talking to him for me without me saying anything to her (I’m not mad about it tho she’s just trying to help), he’s being really weird like he is making it much more of a big deal than it is. It’s not that I do like him but I also don’t not like him if that makes sense. I think I like the idea of him and his attention more than him as a person, but I don’t think he “loves” me like he says he does and he thinks more with his dick than his head. But I still rather us be friends and idk if telling him we need to stop this friends with benefits thing is a good idea cos idk if it will last because I get drunk every weekend with my friends and shit happens. But since he likes me and there are feelings involved I think it’s best it doesn’t keep getting more messy between us