Boyfriend embarrassed of me😞

Idk who to talk to about this. I feel embarrassed to tell anyone... Its just i cant forget about it.

So me and my boyfriend met online, we have been together for 4 months.. And just the other night we had a little argument and i asked him if he really wanted to be with me. He stayed quiet for a sec.. He then started saying that I was overweight and that i had catfish him. He said that im not the type of girl his into. That everyone (family/friends) were surprised when they met me because im not his type. He also told me that his friends tell him that he can do better. He has told me that his friends are going to make fun of him for being with me (idk why that hurt the most 🥺). He has told me the kind of girls his into and i know im the complete opposite. I feel like his embarrassed to be seen with me because lately he doesn’t want to go out anywhere and Idk what to do. Ive never felt like this before. And ive told him to come to the gym with me but he doesn’t want to... Anyways i felt hurt hearing him so i just left. The next day, during the day we didn’t talk at all.. He texted me later that evening telling me that he miss talking to me (because we talk everyday throughout the day). He apologized for saying what he said and he said he never meant it like that. He also said he does want to be with me. But idk if to believe him now ughhhh 😩

Should i leave him?