Help me remove myself from an extremely toxic friendship!

Je

1st I really don't need anyone judging unless your life is perfect. I'm just asking for advice on how to walk away from a toxic friendship without making things worse.

I have tried to be friends with my ex and I know its a huge mistake. I hated when we blocked each other and completely walked away before and this time I want it to end maybe where we just stop talking.

I am still very bitter about why the relationship ended and when he says he will finally hear me out he responds with "it is what it is" and I hear "I dont really care what you think." I didn't cheat on him. I didn't make a Plenty of fish account and blame his friends for setting it up. I didn't drain his bank account. I didn't max his credit card and walk out. He keeps saying it's in the past and we need to move forward. All I want is for him to say that hes sorry, but in his eyes he didn't do anything wrong.

The next thing out of his mouth is that his standards are too high and no one will ever meet them. Why did he even ask me to marry him if that's how he felt?

I'm so bitter and hes so angry that we just need to walk away. So much for him wanting to make amends. If that was really the case he wouldn't treat me exactly the same as he did before and tell me that I can kiss his ass.

UPDATE:

Things only got worse. He finally ended the conversation with "you do what you want. I dont own you." No one ever said anything about owning anyone! He continued to yell at me and in the middle of my sentence he just hung up on me. That was Sunday night. Neither one have said a word to each other since. I'm surely not texting because I have nothing nice to say!

He also stopped talking to his 2 other friends because all us women want his money now that he has a good job. Not true! I want my $8000 he owes me and I've seen $100.