Should I be angry?

This is gonna be a tricky story to explain so I'll start from the beginning...bear with me.

A lil over a year ago, my grandmother and I talked about renting or buying a house together. She lives in Trinidad but travels to the US often and sometimes she's here for a year or two at a time and simply wanted somewhere stable.

We looked at houses before she left about 9 months ago to go back to Trinidad but didn't find anything we really liked.

Anyway, a couple months ago, she called and said she was planning a trip back and if we're still looking, so my husband and myself got on the ball and started viewing houses and sending pictures to her. We finally decided on a rental.

She and my husband were to go half on the rent and I take care of utilities and food. Everything went well with the money transfers and signing of the lease.

We made the move from N.Y. to PA, took us a week to finally get it all together, kids in a new school and even went out and adopted a dog. Finally we had our own home.

Now the mix up. My grandmother called and I eagerly answered, thinking it was the call if her arrival and I'm excited to show her what we've done with the place in person but no, it's a call to say she's possibly backing out of the deal because she rechecked her finances and don't feel comfortable surviving on what's left after paying rent.

We're devastated because we can't do $1300 rent, food and utilities on our own just yet. We were in N.Y., saving and preparing to move when we were financially ready but she called with a deal and we jumped on it, expecting the best, did the footwork, uprooted our kids so for her to fuck us like this is unforgivable.

Now my husband is saying our savings will have to into paying for this at least until the lease is up and after the year we're not sure what we'll do because this moved changed everything, it's gonna take every dime to maintain. With all the other bills, school, cars and raising children, we'd be broke.

I'm upset and so ready to be completely done with her because it's not like we called her, we were taking our time, doing our own thing, setting up our lives and she brought up another way to push forward and now backing out at the last minute, smh

Feel free to ask any questions for clarity if needed but please, be respectful.