My husband has a drinking problem

I don’t know what to do anymore. He has acknowledged he has a drinking problem. He had a problem when we started dating but it stopped. Like completely. And everything was great for years. Well now it’s back And he promises to fix it but he doesn’t. He doesn’t drink all the time, but when he does he doesn’t know when to stop. He works long hours Monday-Thursday and he has Friday-Sunday off. And every Friday when I am at work I constantly wonder what he’s going to do during the day that will lead to him drinking and coming home late after making plans with me or telling me “I’m leaving here in 20 minutes.”

I’m 17 weeks pregnant. And currently sitting in my car wondering if I should just go get a hotel room so I’m not there when he gets home. I truly feel like me not being there is the only way it’ll get through his head. He told me earlier today he bought awesome steaks to grill for dinner. I got home and he wasn’t there. Still isn’t. He’s at the bar with the guys from work and has told me 6 times he’s leaving.

I’m at my wits end and need some insight. Please don’t tell me to leave him. I’m not prepared to throw away our whole marriage for something that I know is very addicting and not easy to quit. I just don’t know how to get him to take it seriously. I’m not afraid to leave. I was a single mom when I met him, have a great job, own my own house (we each had one when we got married and are fixing his up to move into and sell mine), my own vehicle. I’m not afraid to be on my own. But this is literally the only problem we have and I can’t see throwing it all away when I know it’s an addiction. Please be kind. I’m struggling bad here.