I'm still as shy as ever

Teja

I thought I grew out of it. I've been doing so many new things outside my comfort zone and then today I feel like I've gone 5 steps backwards.

I went to karaoke and I sang a little bit in the background but completely froze when I was asked if I wanted to go use the microphone. I was getting along with everyone and it was all fun and games, then I just went back into my shell. I am also very tired too, so this could have contributed. But when it was time to say goodbye to people I felt nervous, I hugged a few of the girls and then waved at the others. Everyone seemed to be loud and outgoing in general. Plus they were clearly a bit tipsy, but I can't drink cos I'm breastfeeding so that sucked. I know I can still have fun without drinking, it just helps a great deal. What made it worse is my friends cousin kept bugging me to get up and then says "oh you're one of those shy ones". Yes I am shy now leave me alone is what I wanted to reply.

I really want to be comfortable dancing and singing around strangers, I always feel like I'm the shyest of the bunch.