Bad relationship with my own parents....

Kathryn • Married 4•21•17 baby boy 1•20•18 baby #2 due 6•15•20

Wasn’t sure where else to put this but I wanted to vent/get some advice.

I moved out when I was 17 (2009) because my dad shoved me into a wall when he was drunk (was always rough with me borderline abusive) moved in with my boyfriend now husband and my family rarely contacts me. We live in the same city but when I contact my mom she says we live too far to come visit. My two sisters are always in pictures with them, on weekend trips with them, doing all sorts of things....

I hate to say I’m jealous but I’m totally ignored and left out.... it’s a 20 minute drive.... some would say well why don’t you go visit them.... well I do... I’m always the one to go visit or reach out and I’m tired of it...

I thought they always were with my sisters because they had kids... well 2018 I had my son... nothing changed.. they have seen my son 6 times and on his birthday they showed up and left within 15 minutes...

I’m completely butt hurt! I see everyone’s relationships so sweet and loving with their moms and I could careless... I’m bitter when it comes to the word mom. With Mother’s Day this weekend I’m sitting back and really debating if I should even bother reaching out because she sure doesn’t!