Emery Aileen is here

Jennifer

I can now write down the craziness that is my daughters birth. On April 15 I was officially one day overdue and had been feeling nothing in the way of contractions so they sent me for an NST. So boring. I was scheduled for an induction the next day so I am as prepared to leave work and had told my supervisors. The doc came and looked at the printouts for the NST and did not like her movement and heart rate jumps so I was sent to be induced a day early... cool. I called hubs who had just gotten out of work and told him to meet me at the hospital.

As soon as I get there I am admitted and given a room. Then the fun begins. A do that I had never met comes in and states that they will be using the balloon and pitocin to her me into labor. That would last 12 hours overnight. By the time 10:30 rolls around I am in pain and ask for meds to let me sleep. BEST DECISION EVER!

By the 16th I am feeling better. My contractions are regular after the balloon is out but not unbearable. In my mind I thought I can do this with no epidural ... it’s not that bad! Then my water broke and all hell broke loose. By this time I had been in labor for 20 hours... not too bad. The pain immediately increases and I am begging for the epidural which took an hour to get because he was in surgery. I was at 6 so they were like “we have time”... wrong!

Within 40 mins of getting the epidural... which is not long enough for it to take full effect... I am ready to push. Nurse and doc were surprised since this is my first. With only 20 minutes of pushing my baby girl made her appearance. 8 lbs 3oz and 20 inches long.

I am so rediculously happy that she is finally here.