Residual Anxiety from last birth

Emma • Mum to Harlen Jane🌷July 6th,’18 & Nolan Stone 🍭June 28,’19

This was last July. (July 2018). I was in labor with my first child. I still struggle with anxiety around giving birth, that I am trying so hard to let go of so that I can have a more confident and peaceful birth this time. I went into labour last time with all of the confidence in the world. And after a traumatizing long painful labor, and an excruciating postpartum infection, I was left humbled by my birth experience. Humbled, afraid, and anxious. I still have panic attacks when I drive by the glass stairwell pictured below, on my way to prenatal appointments.

I just want to say that if you have experienced something similar, or this is your first time and you’re nervous...I hear you. I see you. I feel you. Not everyone has a wonderful birth story. That being said, I have all the hopes and dreams that this birth will be different. All births are different, and that is something that gives me great comfort. I wish the best birth to myself, and everyone else reading this. Birth is unpredictable, but always remember that you have a community of women right here ready and waiting to lift you up and hear your story, no matter the outcome.

❤️