Circumcision

Mak💋 • Married to my high school sweetheart and the love of my life ❤️ Mommy to my precious boy 05/19/2019 and baby #2 due May 2020💗

My husband and I just had our little boy last week. We went to our first pediatrician appointment on Friday and he scheduled my son’s circumcision for today.

When we found out we were having a boy I started doing research on it. I immediately did not feel comfortable doing it, but in end I told my husband it was his decision if he wanted to go through with it because he is.

Our pediatrician is AMAZING. We asked him a ton of questions and he said that even though he has to stay neutral on the topic, he did not circumcise his now 15 year old son and he told us why.

In the end we canceled our appointment for today and will not be circumcising our little boy. I’m just looking for other moms who made this same decision, stories about how family members reacted (ours are going to have very strong opinions i’m sure 🙄 not that it matters..we know he is our baby), how to care for it once he gets older (I know NEVER to retract the skin to clean it and that eventually it will happen on its own and my son can be taught to take care of it).

My husband and I have never met someone (that we know of) that is uncircumcised and there is no one in our families that is either so we are new to this whole deal but I am happy we decided not to put our child through a medically unnecessary procedure just because “that’s what’s always been done” (direct quote from family).

*I would also like to add that this is not a jab at anyone that has chosen to have their child circumcised, as we were very much on the fence about it for a long time and I respect that every parent should be given the right to choose what is right for their family.*